well, since this month is still about winter wonderland in northern countries, it's kinda cool to apply those 'chilly' styles in Jakarta. I know for some people it's weird dressing up with long sleeved clothes full with tights and all that but I did it merely because I feel comfortable in it. moreover, we're entering rainy season and the outfit kinda suits the mood and condition :)
pardon for the blurry pictures. I used my Blackberry and you know the condition...:p
I was able to wear my flat boots that I bought just 2 days before new year. taken last week after my store research at Taman Anggrek.
long sleeve blouse - Zara, necklace - Forever 21, denim vest - Body and Soul, denim shorts - Gaudi, tights - Zara, boots - Aldo, bag - Aldo
well, the store research for my sales management project was quite successful. I went back home with this stuff inside the paper bag...all from Zara...4 items actually but since my Mom took the other stuff so yeah..lol...4 items for around 820K something ($80). quite a bargain since most of the stuff they're offering was like Sale items and not really attractive for my eyes..
this is cute...:)
i don't know why i just love this long shirt. loose and messy. you can always turn it into something casual or something neat ;)
no matter how cheap another store offers me, nothing beat Zara's tights. I own at least 5 or 6 Zara tights and it still looking brand new and comfy as well! there's some stitches of course but it didn't look as bad as other competitor's tights (okay i am so using my fashion business language now! :P)
Well, seems that my resolution went pretty good this whole week. i did some research for my business and i didn't buy single thing after i left. Good one! :)
anyway, i saw this beautiful high waist fitted skirt at Mango and decided to pass simply because it was so freaking long (below the knee, ok i know i'm short). i've talked with my tailor and i'm gonna make it my own cause she could alter the trimming and such according to my size. gonna have to be patient a bit cause she's still finishing my mother's blazers.
yes, i'm proud of my curves. it makes me much more confident..:)
another purchase: Pintu Terlarang dvd (aka The Forbidden Door)...a must see Indonesian movie!
all time favorite: ABBA in Japan dvd.
yes, i grew up hearing the tunes from Paula Abdul, Culture Club, Debbie Gibson, etc. no wonder by the time i saw this compilation CDs, i just grabbed and paid :)
okay, late info, got this couple of days before new year. my dad allowed me to use my credit card despite the fact that previous month's balance kinda sucked a bit...the boots that i'd keep on talking and talking and talking over...
this one? nope, just my new working out shoes from Reebok. i just love the color combination!
well, i think i'm off now...have a nice day people!!! :)
Happy New Year People!!! Well, what do you think in this whole new year, hmm? is it going to be better or worse than 2009? for me, hmm,I believe that God will give his abundant blessing for me and prepare me with the unexpected surprises..ah how I love Him even more..
anyway, 2009 was a good year for me (unlike any other people out there, so sorry guys...) because:
1. I saw Sarah Brightman LIVE IN CONCERT for the 1st time ever!!! what a splendid way to start the year! I was absolutely SHOCKED and SURPRISED yes by the time I read the announcement on MySpace. it was as if God knew that I've waited so long to see her..and the surprises still came..I got GOLD CLASS! Imagine...after my desperation of just getting Silver Class, God surprised me with that! I mean WOW... $500/person ticket but for me just $250...
2. I went to Hong Kong and China a week after the show together with my classmates and lecturers! 5 Days to be exact. Oh my, the best experience ever! It's merely about Buying Trip for buyers (yes we are all Junior Buyers) but I gained a lot of knowledge from it. it's very important if someday I want to be serious in Fashion Retail.
3. I passed all subjects (all year 3 semester) not to mention I got some with EXCELLENT results! YAY!
4. I saw Air Supply concert with my Bali friend (again at Gran Melia) in PLATINUM class! with seats that are closed to the stage, I captured lots of pictures and super moments from the Australian Duo. and best of all, Dad paid those tickets for me! another YAY! (I haven't added that thing in the blog, perhaps someday though, if I remember ^_^)
5. I got two crucial things for my life: Blackberry and HP ~ what I meant by HP is Hewlett Packard new DV3 Notebook to replace my old one which I'm still using now for home only due to hmm many viruses caused but oh well... as for Blackberry, well I actually joked about that with my father but he insisted on buying me one since he always see me in the move doing all those college stuff and works and that...
6. this is actually not really something to be proud of maybe for you guys out there but I got most of my favorite things IN LIMITED or COLLECTORS EDITION... I'm not gonna tell you more and I think I'm gonna keep in secret. However, if you pay attention to my posts, well you will know what I meant with those 'secret'..
as for the rest...hmm...well pretty good...
romance you ask? well, facing the on and off (off mostly) but that's really not a top on my list. sorry for my someone special, it's not that I'm neglecting you for a while, I want to focus my goals first..hope you understand..:)
------------------------------------- MY 2010 RESOLUTIONS:
1. SAVE MORE MONEY THAN LAST YEAR... I know that when it comes to SAVING, it's always tough decision due to sooo many temptation that circle our life. However, I just practiced this yesterday and I just added another US$50 into my account...YAY! (since I'm having an income plus bonuses so I guess saving money is a MUST!)
2. I WILL REMEMBER THIS MAGIC STATEMENT: DO I REALLY NEED THIS?... quoted from the movie "Confession of a Shopaholic"... this magic words will never ring your head if you still think yourself or even stated yourself as a Shopaholic. even if you just buy couple stuffs BUT words are words, they tend to come true but you never realize them..think the magic words everywhere: malls, coffee shop, book store, music store, dvd store, supermarket, etc
3. time to: MIX and MATCH!... as stated by so many Fashion House around the globe and on Fashion books everywhere sold: Fashion is CIRCULAR. meaning that fashion will keep on turning and turning and turning. look into your closet, have you spent at least 3 pairs of clothing in just 2 weeks? if you have, well, I guess it's time for you to stop spending for a while and re-create new look by mix and match with your old clothes. if possible, borrow your mother or sister or sibling's clothes. make sure that you ask them first though. lol. don't be afraid or embarrassed that it will go out of style. trust me, more vintage equals to classic and style! learn how to mix and match new clothes and old clothes from many Fashion bloggers around the globe. I will practice this again in 2010 (back in '09 was quite a success)
4. DONATE MONEY TO THE ONE IN NEEDS. yes, we young adults must remember that there are still plenty of people who live below the poverty line. so, I have made a very wise and wicked decision that quarterly (every 4 months) I will donate 10-20% of my monthly income to the people in needs. if possible, I will also donate foods and used clothing for them.
5. GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE! (definitely!)
6. TRAVEL ABROAD AND HOLYLAND PILGRIMAGE TRIP! ~ I know this sounds ridiculous especially when it comes to the budget (one Holyland trip may costs you $1900-2300) but I believe that if we really concern about our goals and keep on maintaining the things needed to make it come true then LET IT BE DONE...moreover if you have faith in God and BELIEVE! as for the Travel Abroad, well, Hong Kong and Holland will definitely in my list for this year. haven't confirm about Germany but will do soon. Japan is official because Dad is paying for the Family vacation. for that travel abroad experience, I will be experiencing them with my Mom and we will do some sort of Backpackers thing combine with little luxurious ambiance. Hmm gotta be interesting!!
Well...okay I think I'd written down much bout my resolutions...time to sleep now...bye everyone. God bless :)